I live in an area with super hard water. My skin & hair were so dry. After using this shower head I see/feel such an improvement! The filter that goes inside is definitely doing it’s job. When it was brand new it was pure white in color and after 3-4 weeks I can already see the filter turning brown catching all that grossness that was in my water! Can’t recommend this shower head enough!!
Perfectly built..... Perfect look.... And does what it says..... Plus customer service is unsurpassed.... Thank for all your help Salvador Savante!
First off, I’d like to mention that I’m not the type of person that usually writes reviews, but this showerhead has proven to be a product that once I discovered it, I simply can’t live without it. This showerhead has easily exceeded my highest expectations and is above and beyond any experience that I’ve had with a showerhead in my life.
To give you a little background, since I was young, I’ve always had oily and sensitive skin. During that time, I had to develop my own skincare routine to help stop the occasional discomfort and flare-ups that would make me uncomfortable and self-conscious. Because of my sensitive skin, I’ve become more attuned to the little things that irritate my skin. So, after I began using the BT100, I immediately noticed that some parts of my body that itched continuously no matter how well I cleaned them stopped itching. This blew my mind. I never knew that water could be the culprit that exacerbated my skin sensitivity. Every Dermatologist that I’ve spoken with has recommended changes to my cleansers and moisturizers, but never the water.
Where I currently live in California, the water is pretty hard according to the United States Geological Survey (USGS), and my shower water smells like lake/river water despite my water company’s efforts to chlorinate it. To date, I’ve had my BT100 for a little over a year, and in that time, I’ve changed the filter once at the eight-month mark, and that’s because every time I turned on the shower it made a squealing noise. Once I replaced the filter the noise stopped. I know Poseion recommends that you change the filter when there is a change in water pressure, but there was no change in my water pressure, so maybe the squealing noise is the change filter notification?
Given my experience with the BT100, here are my thoughts:
• Sebum Control – It’s always been satisfying to watch the rinsed sebum and oil travel down the drain when you rinse the soap off of yourself. One thing that I consistently notice while using the BT100 is that there is some sebum and oil that is rinsed off prior to applying soap. It almost feels like a pre-wash. There have been several times – time permitting – where I’ve taken a quick shower just using the magnetized water in this way, and I felt mildly clean. It also is a great feeling when the soap applies and removes easily. There is a noticeable reduction in sebum, and I definitely feel cleaner than I’ve ever felt before. Heck, I even smell different.
• Oil Control – Dealing with oily skin my entire life, it’s finally a relief that my skin is now neither oily or dry. It feels like I have just the right amount of oil in my skin. I feel like my skin retains the right amount of oil, whereas the excess oil is not soaking my clothes, pillow, or the car window, etc. throughout the day. This is a relief, because it has always been difficult to find a moisturizer that helps me control my oily skin without over drying or throwing off my skin’s natural balance. The great thing is now when I work out, I no longer experience the stinging in my eyes that’s associated with the sweat mixed with excess oil from my scalp that drips into my eyes. Like many things before using this shower head, I thought this was something that I would have to deal with for the rest of my life.
• Skin Hydration – I can definitively say that my skin feels moist, hydrated, and soft. I have tried to get my skin to feel like this my entire life; amidst skin sensitivity issues and my best efforts to find the best moisturizer for my skin. With the level of clean and hydration that you get, I feel like my moisturizer stays locked into my skin, when before, my skin would be dry again after a few hours of applying my moisturizer.
• Water Pressure – This is one of the things that I really love about this shower head, because the pressure feels like it’s going to rinse everything off and you aren’t going to have to sit there and have to over saturate an area just to get the soap off. Not to mention, the spray pressure is super relaxing and is something that I would imagine a spa or salon experience to be. I actually look forward to showering at end of the day.
• Soft Water – Where I live, we have some of the hardest water in America. This shower head does a great job at effectively softening my water. All of the known and unknown issues that I’ve had with my skin, scalp, and hair as it relates to bathing with hard water that I used to believe were normal and learned to live with have now resolved themselves. Even with the one or two other filtered showerheads that I’ve tried I have not gotten the results that I have gotten with this shower head.
Review Continued in Part 2.
• Spray Pattern not Adjustable – This shower head only has one spray pattern and it’s non-adjustable. While that might have been a deal breaker with any other shower head, the standard spray on this shower head is more than acceptable. With the way the water pressure feels, a massage function might be nice.
• Shower Bracket not included – When I purchased this, I didn’t realize that it didn’t come with a bracket or a hose for the shower head. I contacted customer service and they let me know that this will be included in the future. Not sure how long this will be, but the bracket, hose and plumbers tape was pretty cheap at Home Depot.
• Hair Loss – I am kind of on the fence about this one, because I think this showerhead combined with my hair loss shampoo has been effective at helping me keep the hair that I haven’t loss, so this is good. It has definitely slowed down the loss rate of my hair. My scalp now maintains the right amount of oil, where it feels hydrated, moisturized, and taut. While my hair feels soft and light.
I was hesitant at first, but I am blown away by how well this shower head works. I never leave reviews for anything but I am SO glad I found Poseion! As soon as I got in the shower it felt like a waterfall. The water comes out very quietly, it left my hair silly smooth as well as my skin and that's after only ONE shower. I am so happy with my purchase. Please don't look any further for a shower head, this is the one everyone needs!